The following procedures will begin on April 25, 2019 to keep our students safe. While the procedures are not new (see our handbook), we have made a small revision for kindergarteners. Safety is very important to us.
Midvalley Parking Lot Drop Off and Pick Up
(Note these parking lot safety changes)
- Please follow the directions of the staff on duty. They are as invested in keeping all students safe as you are. Patience and respect will help all of us get through this transition until we get the best, most amazing parking lot ever with the new school.
- Students may only follow the walking path (in green) if walking home via 7800 South. All students who are walking to the South of the school will not be able to walk across the parking lot.
- Students can NOT cross at the driveways of the school. (Blue X)
- As marked by Midvale City, NO PARKING OR PICK UP can take place on 7800 South. This is an identified red zone and parents can be ticketed by Unified Police Department.
- The zone is NOT a pick up or drop off zone, unless a student/parent requires handicap parking for loading or unloading.
- Only parents with students will be allowed to cross to the south of the parking lot, if the parent has parked. We strongly suggest parents use the drop off and pick up lanes instead of parking and walking their child across the parking lot. Dropping off in lanes is the safest parking lot pathway.
- Staff ONLY is allowed beyond the south side of kindergarten to the back-AS POSTED.
- All students are dismissed out the back NORTH doors-except for kindergartners who walk to the south of the school with siblings or are picked up by car. (Please see new kindergarten guidelines for more information attached if you have a kindergartener).
- Students and parents who walk together should establish a meeting place that is consistent. We are urging students to quickly leave the school and walk home while there are lots of students to walk together and the crossing guards are there. Students are not allowed to play on the playground equipment after school. You are always welcome to bring your child to play. Our goal is for all students to be on their way home within 15 minutes of the bell at 3:00 pm.
- Thank you to all of the parents who are establishing “Walking School Bus” by taking turns to walk the students in your neighborhood. This greatly helps us reduce the amount of traffic in our parking lot.
Kindergarten Procedures for Drop Off and Pick Up
In addition to the above information, please follow these guidelines, as well.
- No one should park in the reserved, handicap, or no parking (red painted and signed) areas.
- The safest way to drop off students is through the drop off lanes. Please follow the maps above for drop off.
- If you choose to park and walk your student to the kindergarten playground to drop off, please park in a stall in the general parking lot and walk the student at the crosswalk that is marked. Teachers on duty and safety patrol will cross you there.
- Kindergarten students without Midvalley siblings will be picked up at
Parents of students without siblings will be given a bright piece of paper. Please display this in your car window. As soon as you pick up your student, you can pull into the drive through and leave the parking lot. Students without siblings will be at the area a few minutes before the bell rings.
- Kindergarteners with siblings who walk south of the school or are picked up will gather at the
These students will be joined by their siblings and go home as usual.
- Kindergarteners with siblings who walk north of the school will be gathered by their siblings at the
- Kindergarten staff will be supervising students in the morning and in the afternoon.
Please visit with the Kindergarten Teachers if you have any questions.