Who We Are
Midvalley Elementary School Snapshot
Midvalley Elementary has preschool through fifth grade and supports all students in mastering skills in language arts, mathematics, and sciences.
Highlights of Midvalley Elementary
- Midvalley Jr. Huskies speak eight languages.
- Midvalley Elementary received a B for our overall letter grade for the 2021 – 2022 school year from the Utah State Board of Education.
- Midvalley is a Title I School with resources that benefit all students including:
Free Full Day Kindergarten
Full Time Psychologist
Two Full Time Social Workers
Community School Facilitator
Extended Learning Coordinator
Family Learning Center
Before & After School Program
Family Literacy, Math, & Technology Nights
Moms Matter and All Pro Dad Events
Active and engaged PTA and SCC
- Midvalley houses a Spanish Dual Language Immersion program in 1st – 5th grades.
- All classes go on three or more field trips per year.
- Students can participate in orchestra in 3rd – 5th grade before school.
- Midvalley has a Beverly Taylor Sorensen Music teacher who works with all grade levels weekly.
- Boys and Girls Club of Salt Lake County provides transportation for its after school program from Midvalley.
- Midvalley is committed to teaching students life skills. We begin every morning with a sharing circle to strengthen habits of effective listening and speaking.
- We have a 94,500-square-foot building includes a counseling center, state of the art technology, and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) room, an art room, full stage, and gymnasium.
Midvalley’s current goals that support the collective commitment are:
2023 – 2024 Teacher Student Success Plan Goals
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS
- 60% of K – 5th graders will make typical or better growth in reading as measured by Acadience Pathways of Progress Reading Composite Score by the end of 2023-2024 school year.
- After discussion with the teams, the consensus was to set the goal at 60% with the plan to increase our goal every year as our current average in K – 5th is 52%.
- 4th and 5th grade students will increase ELA RISE 3-5 percentage points by the end of 2023-2024 school year.
- 70% of K – 5th graders will make typical or better growth in mathematics as measured by Acadience Pathways of Progress Math Composite Score by the end of 2023-2024 school year.
- After discussion with the teams, the consensus was to set the goal at 70% with the plan to increase our goal every year as our current average in K – 5th is 62%.
4th and 5th grade students will increase Science RISE 3-5 percentage points by the end of 2023-2024 school year.
98% of students will report that they feel connected to the school based on the student climate survey.