School Success Goes Hand in Hand with Being in School Every Day! Did you Know?
- Many absences, even in Kindergarten, can cause children to fall behind in school.
- Missing just one days or two every month can make it harder to learn to read by the third grade.
- Student with too many absences struggle to catch up, even with take-home assignments.
- Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school and themselves.
What Can You Do?
- Develop a regular bedtime and morning routine.
- Avoid missing school unless a child is truly sick and seek help is chronic illness is a challenge.
- Check with our school nurse or office staff if you are not sure about when to keep your child at home due to illness.
- If your child seems anxious about going to school, talk to teacher, school support staff, or other parents for advice on how to make him/her feel comfortable and excited about learning.