Canyons District would like to inform families about the districtwide maturation program for fifth-grade students and their parents. The district is arranging for professional presenters to conduct the sessions, which take the place of the fifth-grade maturation days that previously were held at each school. Locations are listed below.
Maturation Program for Boys
· Oct. 21 — Midvale Middle, 7852 S. Pioneer, 7-8 p.m.
· Oct. 28 — Mount Jordan Middle, 11150 S. 300 East, 7-8 p.m.
· Nov. 6 — Albion Middle, 2755 E. Newcastle Dr., 7-8 p.m.
· Feb. 10 — Draper Park Middle, 13133 S. 1300 East, 7-8 p.m.
· Feb. 18 — Eastmont Middle, 10100 S. 1300 East, 7-8 p.m.
Maturation Program for Girls
· Oct. 22 — Midvale Middle, 7852 S. Pioneer, 7-8 p.m.
· Nov. 5 — Mount Jordan Middle, 11150 S. 300 East, 7-8 p.m.
· Nov. 11— Albion Middle, 2755 E. Newcastle Dr., 7-8 p.m.
· Feb. 11 — Draper Park Middle, 13133 S. 1300 East, 7-8 p.m.
· Feb. 19 — Eastmont Middle, 10100 S. 1300 East, 7-8 p.m.
Midvalley is excited to offer a Canyons District sponsored Preschool. Students must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2014. Student must live in the Midvalley Elementary School boundaries. Morning classes will be offered from 8:35-10:50. Cost is $140 per month for four days per week. There is a registration fee of $20 in order to reserve a space. Aplications will be accepted until the preschool session is full. A waiting list will be created once the session is full. Applications are available in the office. If you have questions, please call Canyons District Early Childhood Office at 801-826-5112. Clic aqui para ESPANOL.
Starting this fall, all elementary schools in Canyons District will adopt a new schedule that is designed to help each individual child achieve academic success. The new schedule establishes consistent daily instructional time five days per week and redistributes time in the regular workday for teachers to plan individually and in teams so that they can give special attention to each child's achievement. While the new elementary schedule calls for full days (6 hours and 30 minutes) of instruction Monday through Friday, it doesn’t do away with early-out Fridays altogether. Seven early-out Fridays have been planned to give teachers time for professional development. Those early-out days will be Sept. 26, Oct. 24, Dec. 5, Jan. 30, Feb. 20, March 27, and April 24.